50th Anniversary Raleigh Sports Club Annual Banquet
Wednesday, April 9, 2014
North Ridge Country Club – 6612 Falls of Neuse Rd., Raleigh, NC
- Social – 6:00 -7:00p with Cash Bar and Complimentary Ice Tea Dinner & Program –7:00 – 9:30pm
- Three-Course Sit Down Dinner
- Award of Four Scholarships to Wake County High School Scholar Athletes and Coach's Distinguished Service Award
- Coach Bobby Cremins – Keynote Speaker : A veteran of 31 seasons as a college basketball head coach and the winningest coach in Georgia Tech history. Bobby is well known for being able to tell a funny story and he's sure to share a few with us. You are in for a real treat with Coach Cremins as our keynote speaker.
- Dress Code is Business Casual – Men, Jackets please, no tie necessary. Special Discount Price – Only $30 for Members and Their Guests
- Advanced Registration is Required Reservation and Payment deadline – Wed April 2nd Make Check Payable to "The Raleigh Sports Club" (Memo) – "Annual Banquet"
- We need the Names of those attending for Table Assignments (Tables of 8)
- Mail check to:
8214 Lake Allyn Dr.,
Raleigh, NC 27615
- Questions? Contact Katherine Lowman 919-847-4166 or Email – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Check the RSC website
The Raleigh Sports Club continues to experience phenomenal membership growth and a rising community awareness. By continuing to recognize both high school and college athletic environments the RSC continues its long tradition for competing teams and fans alike to find common ground of athletic and academic achievement in our future generations.
Originally established as a local sports club with 12 original members, the RSC has grown to over 300 members with weekly Wednesday luncheon meetings where they have the opportunity to listen to some of the most influential college and professional sporting figures first hand while recognizing athletic and academic achievement on a number of different levels.
To view pictures from various RSC meetings please click here!
Hear Riveting Stories
At the Raleigh Sports Club we bring our members a wide and very impressive variety of speakers to our weekly meetings. On any given week, you could hear from the head coach of a NCAA champion basketball team, a member of baseball’s Hall of Fame, or the receiver who made the winning catch.
Student Athlete Of The Week
The RSC honors local high school student athletes for their achievements on the field, in the classroom and in the community.
The RSC has a wonderful southern style buffet. Long lines form to get some of the best food and hear some of the most prominent sports speakers in the country. Get there early to get a good seat.
About the Raleigh Sports Club:
Our meetings are held in Bradley Hall in Highland UMC, 1901 Ridge Road at the intersection of Lake Boone Trail, just inside the Raleigh Beltline. Buffet lines open at 11:30am and the meeting is from Noon until 1:00pm on Wednesdays.
Membership Dues for the remainder of the 2013/2014 year (meeting through mid-April) are only $30. For Members, the Weekly Attendance fee is $15 and applies whether the Member plans to eat lunch or not. All Guests fees are $25 per guest. Our Annual Banquet will be held in April 2014 at the North Ridge Country Club.
To become a member, click here to print the Membership form. Fill it out and mail it along with your check for $30 to the address on the form. Your canceled check is your receipt of membership. Speaker information, news and postings are updated weekly on this website. Bring a friend and come on out to one of our Wednesday meetings.
I look forward to seeing YOU!
Paul Bock, President
March 12, 2014
Chantel McCabe, Sideline Reporter - Carolina Hurricanes
March 19, 2014
Bethany Bradsher , Author - "Bones McKinney: Basketball's Unforgettable Showman"
March 26, 2014
Wes Moore , Women's Head Basketball Coach - North Carolina State University
April 2, 2014
John Clougherty, Supervisor of Basketball Officials - Atlantic Coast Conference